User-adoption is the most vital piece in any new software deployment. Whether it has been a few days, a few weeks, a few months or a few years since you deployed your CRM system there is still the possibility that it is not driving the best returns. This is probably due to the fact that your CRM is not being used at optimal levels. As a result, will not have the best ROI that you could be achieving. In order to optimize the usage of your CRM, you’ve got to get all of your users on the same page.
Here are 5 tips to show you how:
1. The CRM Journey
Don’t forget that your CRM initiative is about the journey, not the destination.
Unlike most new IT initiatives where you set it up and then let it run, a CRM requires constant monitoring and maintenance. It requires dedicated work from the people who use it, as well as, the IT people who keep it updated. This is essential for your CRM to continue to drive value.
This is because CRM isn’t just a software, it is a way of working. It combines people, technology and process in order to streamline the way your company works as a whole.
Once you have gone live with your CRM it is imperative to continually assess and re-evaluate your processes and how your CRM works.
2. Set It Up For Success
It is never too late to introduce a strong governance policy to your CRM in order to ensure that your system continues to perform at its most optimal level. Doing this will make certain that each and every project is set up for success.
In order to drive early and late stage adoption, you should set up a communications campaign of Awareness, Actions
- Awareness - You can foster Awareness through things like digital correspondence, overview presentations and launch meetings. Get everyone on the same page and make them aware of what the process is and what they need to do.
- Action - Take Action by blasting out a set of emails that detail the actions needed next, or to prepare for the project. Give constant updates and set up an online repository where anyone can visit to get all of the information for the project.
- Training - Lastly, make sure that you Train your team. Set up the project by explaining the philosophy, what it is for and what you want to achieve. Then lay out the deliverables. Once the project is completed, do a post-deployment wrap-up and review the metrics.
3. Find The Metrics That Matter
Adoption and metrics go hand in hand. You may understand the need for adoption but without metrics to measure what you are doing and how you are progressing, you will not know where you stand.
Periodically conduct CRM health checks to make sure that you continue to stay on target.
4. Post-Deployment Adoption Strategies
Here are some adoption best practices to ensure that your project's development remains positive:
- Create regular touchpoints based on usage and adoption metrics to drive sustained adoption.
- Introduce new functionality and support it through major communication campaigns.
- Gather feedback and answer any questions that arise.
- Share success stories to celebrate the new work environment and foster confidence in the process.
- Continue to endorse and provide user education to reinforce the desired behaviour.
5. Adoption Plans
Don’t just create an adoption plan for the overall software, but create a separate plan for every phase of deployment. Lay out the awareness, action and training processes for the pre-deployment, deployment and post-deployment phases of adoption.
Take a proactive stance toward your CRM deployment to ensure that users continue to feel confident that the system adds value to their projects. This will, in turn, lead to optimal project success and a greater ROI.
CRM adoption is not a singular occurrence, it must be constantly monitored and updated. It should not be a time consuming, productivity drain but rather a tool that employees feel makes their jobs easier.
For help with CRM adoption and training give us a call today!
MasterSolve is a business and technology consultancy with offices in Toronto, Ontario and St. Louis, Missouri. We are your trusted business partner with expertise in Customer Relationship Management (CRM) and Marketing Technology (Martech) solutions. We live and breath CRM and process improvement, we use a combination of best practices and common sense to help you find, implement and support, the software and technology you need to run your business and meet your goals.
If you are looking for technology and business processes improvement to help you propel your business toward success, give us a call today!