Social media is a behemoth. But for many people, it has become an essential part of their everyday lives providing people with everything from news, entertainment, shopping, and much more! Below are some Stats & Facts to Help Guide Your Marketing Strategy.
However, with over 40% of the world’s population now on social media, it is more important than ever for businesses to market through social media.
In 2020 social media’s popularity will continue to grow:
Here are some shocking strategies & facts for Marketing on the most popular social media platforms:
- 51% of teens use Facebook, down from 71% in 2015
- On average users access Facebook 8 times per day
- Facebook ads with images are 75-90% more effective
- 74% of Facebook users check the platform daily
- 96% of Facebook users access the platform by mobile device
- 326 million people use Twitter each day
- Twitter usage has risen 9% from previous years
- 92% of twitter activity is from link clicks
- 83% of people who reached out to a company via twitter and received a response felt better about that company afterwards. However, keep in mind that only 3% of customer service centred tweets use the company’s @ twitter handle.
- Twitter ads are 11% more effective than tv ads during live events.
- Instagram has 500 million daily users and 1 billion monthly users.
- 72% of teens say they use the Instagram platform and 59% of all Instagram users are under the age of 30.
- Videos get more interactions than images on Instagram with 21.2% more engagement than still images and 18.6% more than carousels.
- More businesses now use Instagram than twitter with 71% of all US businesses on the platform.
- Ad spending on Instagram is 23% higher than Facebook.
- LinkedIn has over 530 million user profiles
- 46% of all company website traffic originates from LinkedIn
- 80% of B2B leads that originate from social media come from LinkedIn
- 83% of consumers worldwide prefer YouTube social media marketing with 54% of people wanting more video content from companies
- 55% of YouTube’s users are male and 45% are female
Check out SugarCRM’s blog on “What can Social CRM do for your business”?
In conclusion, use these stats & facts to adjust your social media marketing plan and achieve your goals. Social media is a great reflection of the world and the population at large. Use this to ensure that your business is always meeting customer needs!
For more information, check out our blog on some shocking stats & facts to help guide your Marketing Strategies!